The Japanese word “ikigai” roughly translates to the reason you wake up in the morning. It’s your reason for being.
During his 2005 commencement address at Stanford, Steve Jobs said:
The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. And don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.
- Start with Why by Simon Sinek
- The Happiness Equation by Neil Pasricha
- Steve Jobs’ 2005 Stanford Commencement Address
- The Secret to Happiness (episode 134)
- Start With Why, with Simon Sinek (episode 223)
- How to Be a Happier Person, with Neil Pasricha (episode 334)
- Create Margin Through Intentional Leadership, with Amy McPherson (episode 429)