287: Why to Start With Why and More Questions: Bonni joined me to respond to questions from listeners on motivating remote employees, inspiring a sales team, the value of a masters degree, and more.
- Roger asked about the best way to motivate a remote employee who is just doing the bare minimum to get by.
- Thomas asked how to inspire a sales team that is not hitting their numbers.
- Kristeen asked our opinion on the value of a master’s degree in today’s economy.
- Francisco asked if he should include comments from past customers on his LinkedIn profile after a negative separation from a company.
- Andy wondered about how the business model works for our podcast.
- Zoom video conferencing service*
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel Pink*
- First Break All the Rules by Gallup*
- Start With Why by Simon Sinek*
- CFL51: How Storytelling Helps You Lead
- CFL190: How to Improve Your Coaching Skills with Tom Henschel
- CFL286: How to Influence Cross Culturally
- On The Folly Of Rewarding A, While Hoping For B by Steven Kerr
- Ending Human Trafficking podcast
How to Create a Team Vision: Earlier this year, I aired a brief lesson on creating a team vision. Many people reached out to me and asked for a permanent link to it. It’s now available at the link above as a MemberCast (you’ll need to have your free membership activated to listen).
Great CEOs See the Importance of Being Understood: Love this article. An important read for any leader who is crafting an organizational vision or message.
Steve Jobs: “People who know what they’re talking about don’t need PowerPoint”: I’ve taught presentation courses for years at Carnegie, and PowerPoint is only a small mention in the course. Here’s why.
Now you Can Privately Signal to Recruiters You’re Open to New Job Opportunities: After our most recent episode on LinkedIn, I came across this gem. If you’re in this boat, I could be a helpful additional to your LinkedIn toolbox.
Beyond Grit: The Science of Creativity, Purpose, and Motivation: Angela Duckworth is the world’s leading expert on grit. In this interview, past guest Adam Grant interviews her on why our interests and passions develop over time.
The Human Element: A lot of us tend to diminish the importance of the feelings of others — and even our own feelings. In this episode of The Look & Sound of Leadership, past guests Tom Henschel and Mindy Danna discuss how to navigate the human element.
Ending Human Trafficking Podcast: I mentioned at the end of this week’s episode that one of the people I admire most in the world is Sandie Morgan, co-host with me of the Ending Human Trafficking podcast. If ending human trafficking is an issue you care about — or know someone who does — check it out.
At 94, John B. Goodenough Still Works Tirelessly to Help Us Make the Switch to Renewable Energy: Worried you are too old, late, tired, or [insert adjective here] to make a difference? The 2-minute video is your inspiration for the week.