Getting results isn’t always easy, but the process is simple. In this episode, I’ll review the 3 steps that you need to get the best results from the people you lead. I’ll also point out many of the common mistakes that lots of us make when trying to follow these simple guidelines. If you aren’t getting what you expect from people, this show is a must-listen for you.
What do I want for you?
- People know what outcomes you want
- People know when you’re going to check-in
- People expect consequences
1) Establish outcomes up front
- Dictating the process makes it yours and takes away innovation
- Establish the metrics for success
- Let people decide how they will get there
2) Agree to regular check-ins
- People don’t need to feel micromanaged if check-ins are scheduled
- If they are mostly on track, leave them alone…
- If they are going off track, provide coaching…
3) Provide accountability
- If something doesn’t match the expectations – call people on it
- Acknowledge people in some way – best is a thank you
- Session #9 – positive feedback
- Session #10 – constructive feedback
Tell me what you did to incorporate something from the notes above – I want to know what is working for you!
- Question from Tom
- Suggestion from Andy
We are accepting subscriptions to our free newsletter. If you would to receive monthly articles, interviews, videos, and other leadership resources, you can SUBSCRIBE HERE. Also, you’ll receive as a bonus, a video and down-loadable list of the 10 Books That Will Make You a Better Leader!
A special thank you to Ondar Yardas – thank you for liking our page on Facebook! If you haven’t already, you can visit our Facebook page at coachingforleaders.com/facebook
Wherever you are in the world, whatever is on your agenda today, take one idea from this show to engage and develop someone you lead.